What is OsCommerce?
OsCommerce is an interesting free shopping cart with a large ecosystem of users that have contributed more than 7000 add-ons to enhance its functionality. Its core functionality is very elegant and allows you to manage unlimited number of products, easily shippable and down-loadable with easy-to-handle shipping and tax options. Customers can have a look at the order history and maintain, manage their accounts. Integration into an existing site is now very easy, all the credit going to the flexible template structure. It allows you to get the payments from PayPal, Authorize.net, iPayment, 2Checkout and more as well as from the offline payment processing.
OsCommerce in elaborated form stands for “open source Commerce”. Its an e-commerce and online store management software functionality. It can easily run on any web server which has PHP and MySQL installed. And the best, positive indication is that it is easily available on the Internet completely free under the GNU (General Public License).
Importance of OsCommerce Web Development
OsCommerce provides the much needed functions for creating the shopping website. Amazingly, OsCommerce development supports the following features:
It gives you the Category and Product Management, Multilingual Support, Multi Currency Support, Order Management, Multiple Billing And Shipping address, Newsletter feature, Quick and advanced search feature, Product review, List the most viewed, popular, special product, Out of stock products can be listed, Guest checkout and account holder checkout, Shipping functionality, Payment Process and Services, Tax management, Secure gateway for online transactions and many more functionalities.
This is just a small list of OsCommerce features. Other than this many other features are readily available in the OsCommerce development. If your developers are highly skilled and qualified then you can make a highly interactive eCommerce website with custom applications and custom module development.
What Does OsCommerce Do
- OsCommerce provides our clients with the option to add unlimited product categories and subcategories. And it also provides the users with the option to add, edit, and remove products, categories, manufacturers, customers and reviews.
- Any online merchant can easily create full customize website in lesser time, including all features and functionalities.
- OsCommerce uses an indexed database so that it can easily handle a large number of products.
- OsCommerce provides with many types of shipping, payment and tax options for its’ online merchants. Also, it supports multiple languages and currencies.
- OsCommerce allows the online merchants to take database backup and restore. For example, OsCommerce automatically updates the currency exchange rates. So all OsCommerce users have a control over displaying products in a customized manner.
- OsCommerce provides the users with an option to display both static and dynamic site banners having complete detailed statistics.