It necessary the up to date your products every time and The Magento community always release the update. There is no obstruction that can stop them from upgrading with each version release. The Magento 2.4 open source version released on July 28, 2020. Like other Magento updates Magento 2.4 release has features that enhance the E-commerce platform better.
Magento 2.4 Release Highlights
It introduces support for substantial security changes which proficiency of 2F-Authentication in the Admin by default and new release includes new features, bug fixes, and security changes.
Also read : Magento 1 Support Ended In June 2020
With this release, traders can install time-sensitive security fixes without applying hundreds of functional fixes and enhancements. Magento Security-Only Patch to correct the vulnerabilities known within the previous quarterly release – Magento 2.3.5-p1. All hotfixes are included in this security-only patch that was applied to the 2.3.5 release.
Substantial security enhancements
This release includes over 30+ security fixes that facilitate close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting(XSS) vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities are the entry point for attackers to inject malicious content and obtain important store information.
Additional security enhancements:
- 2FA(two-factor authentication) is required for the Admin panel. It’s the necessary step for config 2FA before going to login in Admin.
- By default enabled the template filter strict mode to prevent RCE attacks.
- New security.txt file support, It’s helpful to report the potential security issue to site administrators through security researchers.
In this release, some upgrades the platform to help improve security and performance. These are the platform upgrades details:
- Support for PHP 7.4 and older versions are deprecated like PHP 7.1 and 7.2
- Support for PHPUnit 9.x because the latest version of PHP requires the latest version of PHPUnit and older version 6.5 is deprecated.
- Support Elasticsearch 7.6.x, MySQL 8.0 and MariaDB 10.4
- MySQL catalog search engine in removed in this release.
- Dependencies on Zend Framework migrated to the Laminal Project.
- Removed the Signifyd fraud protection code support because this core feature is no longer supported.
- Removed the Core Braintree module from the codebase.
This release has improvements to core quality of the Framework.
- Third-party payment gateway method integration removed – like Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay payment methods.
- Partial-word search support for Elasticsearch, it’s introduced instead of the MySQL search engine.
- Removed the Web Set-Up Wizard because this is deprecation now.
- Composer plugin updated and Seller-assisted shopping applied.
- Customer data selection invalidation login improved.
- Applied multiple optimizations to Redis performance to help decrease the size of network data transfers and less consumption.
- Improved caching of SQL queries.
- Improved the quick order add-to-cart performance by 25-30%.
- Lazy Loading feature applied for images.
GraphQL is also helping to increase improvement in Magento 2.4.0, which provides an alternative to REST and SOAP web APIs in the Magento 2 development. It supports the Inventory In-store pickup feature by applying the pickupLocations query. categories queries return the category list with match the specified filter. With help of reorderItems mutations, a logged-in user can add all products from previous order in the cart.
- PWA Studio enhancement and bug fixes.
- Support Adobe Stock integration – where can search, filter, and sort images up to 30x faster.
- Hundreds of issues fixed and tests in the Magento 2.4.0 core code.
- Magento Functional Testing Framework(MFTF) feature.
- Improvements in Page Builder and other extensions.
- Enhancements in vendor-developed extension for dot-digital, Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Klarna, Vertex, and Yotpo.
These important improvements that are in Magento 2.4.0, which included more security, core code quality, bug fixes, and optimization to help enhance the performance. A Technical person can easily understand this information and can analyze the advantages of Magento 2.4.0 release. This release is ready to boost your business to a next-level.
Our team of Certified Magento 2 developers is regularly checking for the latest updates and always applying a new release in store. If you are planning to upgrade your current store to Magento 2.4 or need to technical supports then our Magento 2 development specialists are available to assist you.