Are you planning to develop an e-commerce website for your business? Are you wondering that Magento would be the right match for your store or not? Therefore, you need to consider carefully the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce store.
There is no doubt that Magento is one of the best e-commerce platforms worldwide. It is mostly preferred by large e-commerce stores such as famous brands and chains. As you know, more than 250,000 e-commerce websites are built on the Magento platform. Because there are lots of reasons to choose Magento as a solid foundation to start your e-commerce business.
Magento is open-source that provide simple and easy-to-use features and a flexible content management system. Additionally, advanced SEO functions help your website to get a high ranking for your products on search engines. Magento is a mixture of highly scalable design and a wide support network.
In this article, I will break down the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce Store.
Why should you choose the Magento platform for your e-commerce store?
Magento 2 is an open-source eCommerce platform that is used by 250,000 merchants across the world. It offers amazing features to provide the best user experiences to the end-users. Here is a list of benefits of Magento 2 for e-commerce development:-
- It is open-source where the developers can modify the source code. They can create or install the plugins to add features and functionalities.
- Merchants can manage multiple stores from a single admin panel. It saves your time and effort while managing your online sales.
- It has multiple languages and currency features, shipping and order management, and many more.
- Magento supports mobile commerce that provides the best mobile experiences across multiple devices and web browsers.
- You can drive more organic traffic by creating URLs, tags, and descriptions with relevant keywords. By using powerful tools, you can boost conversion optimization as well as average order value.
- You can ensure your customers feel safe by implementing an SSL certificate and dedicated IP through Magento.
- By using third-party applications, extensions, and additional plug-ins in your Magento store, you can deliver the best shopping experiences.
List of Top brands that use the Magento platform for their business
- Nestle Nespresso
- Land Rover
- Sigma Beauty
- Jack Daniel’s
What are the features of a basic Magento website that costs $5,000 to $10,000?
- Simple yet a beautiful theme
- Basic functionalities of Magento working seamlessly
- Full-fledged access to a thriving community of Magento
- A content management system that runs smoothly
- The basic Magento site has no integration with the back office
What are the features of a customized Magento website that cost $50,000 to $70,000?
- Custom designs built specifically for your business
- Full-fledged integration with back-office systems
- Support for features like Migration, and Host changes
- Extensions and custom-made plugins
- Customer community and group access
- Social media integration
- Promotional tools like discount coupons
- Search engine optimization
- Social media integration
Let’s Look at the following factors which are responsible for the varied costs to develop a Magento e-commerce Store:-
The development cost of Magento stores starts at $40,000 and can go up to $200,000 or more. It depends on what features and functionalities you want to integrate into your store.
Even if you want to set up your store on an open-source version of Magento, you need to pay to purchase a domain for your website. To get a unique domain name, you need to explore the best domain site according to your budget. This will help you to catch your customers’ attention to your business. Here are two ways to get a domain name for your website:-
- New Domain Name:- The cost of the domain name starts from $10-20/year. Top-Level Domain (TDL) is always costlier.
- Aged Domain Name:- To get a specific domain that already someone owns, you can pay more money to buy that domain.
Website Hosting Service
Website hosting is an essential part of the Magento eCommerce development procedure. It really helps you to interact with your customers on the internet. Therefore, you need to search for the best hosting provider company that will help you to gain more customers, read content, and make purchases.
This is one of the important factors which is responsible for the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce store. You can select one option among the available three hosting servers:- Shared server, Dedicated Server, and VPS server.
- Shared Server:- Shared hosting basically starts at just a few dollars a month for a single website. Shared hosting plans run multiple websites on a single server. All the websites share the same resources, so technically the websites go slow down.
- Dedicated Server:- To get faster loading speed and more security, a dedicated server is the best choice for hosting your website. However, a dedicated hosting plan always provides a better uptime to your website.
- VPS Server:- It is one of the popular choices because it is generally lower than in cost than a dedicated server. It provides better reliability, security, and performance than a shared server.
Website Design and Theme Development Cost
Now focus to purchase the best theme for your website. Buying any theme from the internet, ensure that the theme should be user-friendly and highly customizable. Moreover, it will cost you cheaper as compared to hiring a web designer for your store. By using a ready-made theme helps the merchants to display all the products and content flexibly. It is one best solutions to develop an entire website with an interactive and stunning interface.
You can purchase the Magento theme that will cost you from $0 – $200. We recommend you purchase the theme from ThemeForest or Magento Marketplace to pick your favorite theme. Moreover, you can also hire the best Magento development company to design a new website from scratch or customize a theme you purchased.
The cost of custom website design and theme development cost can vary according to your business requires that you want to develop a new custom theme from scratch or customize an existing theme. The custom theme development for a simple store will cost you from $2500 – $3500. If you own a large e-commerce store and want particular customization to meet specific requirements, then it will cost you $15000 or more.
Cost for Magento Web Development
The store owner has 2 ways to consider the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce store:-
- Hire a professional Magento developer
You can hire experienced Magento developers for e-commerce website development. The standard price may vary from $20 to $100. Before hiring Magento developers, please check the developers’ qualifications and experiences.
- Hire Magento development company
If you want to hire a Magento development company, then it will cost you around $40000 to $60000 for a basic Magento site and $100,000 to $200,000 for a customized Magento store. Choosing a professional team that will develop your e-commerce website to attract more visitors.
Cost for Extensions
Extensions play a vital role in your website that allows you to customize your e-commerce site, deliver a better user experience, add unique features, and many more. The merchants can find all of them on the Magento Extension Marketplace or go to the third-party marketplace such as Amasty, Mageplaza, Mageworx, Magezon, etc.
If you want to develop your custom extension to meet a specific requirement or function, it will cost you from $1500 to $5000 or more. The development cost of custom extensions really depends on various factors; how complex those extensions are, the developers you are working with, how much time it takes to customize the extensions, how many extensions you need for your store. Let’s have a look at the Best Magento 2 extensions that boost your e-commerce sales.
Cost for Customizations
Usually, Magento 2 websites need customization services to operate the business for the long term. It does not refer to add more features to e-commerce websites. The customization services include speed optimization, security patches, SEO problems, and many more. So, you can hire professional Magento developers or a Magento development agency to execute all the tasks in your store. The prices are based on your requirements, from $20 to $80 per hour.
Cost for Migration
If your ecommerce store using another software other than Magento, and you need to migrate your store to Magento, you need to hire Magento Migration Experts to help you. You will also need the Magento migration team to migrate your Magento 1 store into the latest version of Magento.
So, the exact development cost will depend on various factors like when you hire and how much does it take time to migrate. Moreover, the bigger your website is, it will take lots of time to migrate. Many developers will charge a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending on the complexity of the migration.
Magento migration services usually include a new theme for your new store and theme customization. It will take an additional cost for these tasks.
Cost for website maintenance
After the development of the Magento store, you will need to maintain your website regularly. The maintenance ensures that the website stays in a good condition as well as protects your website from the potential issue that can lead to a loss in customers and revenue. The annual maintenance service will cost you from $500 to $1000 or more, according to the Magento site builder you choose.
Magento Licencing Cost
Magento Licencing is one of the most essential parts for your e-commerce business to get a license for the Magento store. The cost of licensing is different based on basic, customized, and enterprise Magento sites. Additionally, the different packages offer different benefits. The basic Magento licensing allows only free access to the community. The site owners must apply for an enterprise license for their business site. By using an enterprise license, e-commerce websites can automate a lot of processes. It provides access to incredible support.
What is the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce Store?
The cost of running and maintaining a Magento store varies. We have curated a list of factors that are responsible for the cost to develop a Magento e-commerce store. If you want to hire developers from the US to pay more than $100 per hour, then it cost you less or half from us to get the work done with efficiency. We recommend you collaborate with an outsource Magento development company. Moreover, you can contact the professional and certified Magento website development agency and ask them for a quote. They will be able to understand your business requirement and give you a quote according to the services you require.